Block is an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to aspire and succeed. Combining deep vertical market expertise with proven technical capability, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes ensuring investment priorities are effectively aligned to strategic objectives. Our solutions and services help clients across enterprise, commercial and public sectors to increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology.
As an integral member of the wider team, the Solutions Consultant (SC) works with the sales representatives to identify and qualify client opportunities and evangelise on the value of Block’s core proposition set. After qualification, the SC invests time in understanding the client challenges, and architects a solution that addresses them. The SC supports the articulation of solutions and their benefits through high quality proposals, ITT responses and presentations. Once opportunities are won, the SC ensures a seamless handover to delivery.
- Assists the wider sales teams to appropriately recognise, qualify and prioritise customer opportunities
- Once qualified, works with the relevant account manager or director to accurately gather and understand the client requirements
- Utilises technical expertise to accurately design and a solution which meets the clients needs based on products and services from Block portfolio
- Works with the client account manager or director to articulate the solution and its benefits to the client in the most appropriate format (e.g. presentations, demonstrations or documentation)
- Owns the technical contribution into proposal content, RFIs, RFPs, ITTs and presentations
- Continually develops content and collateral to ensure the value of the Block proposition is effectively communicated to clients.
- Ensures designed solutions always deliver the desired value to both the client and Block
- Ensures won opportunities are handed over to delivery in a timely and professional manner, supported by an accurate Scope of Work, Professional Service breakdown and Bill of Materials
- Effectively manages time and workload to ensure client commitments and deadlines are met
- Contributes to the development of compelling and differentiated EUC / DC propositions in line with the Block proposition development process
- Keeps abreast of vertical industry and horizontal technology developments that may impact or create opportunities for Block to improve its capability
- Undertakes regular knowledge sharing between sales and delivery teams
- Works with sales and marketing to plan and execute successful campaigns, including production of content for digital marketing (blog posts, whitepapers etc.) and attendance/presentation at Block face to face customer events.
- Ensures accreditation levels are maintained for relevant vendor technologies.
Skills & Attributes
- An excellent communicator, who has proven experience of engaging and influencing a broad range of stakeholders at all levels
- Numeracy and literary skills at a level required to produce excellent client proposals, SOWs and presentations
- Able to demonstrate proven leadership skills. Leading by example, motivating team members, taking responsibility for encountered issues etc
- Good interpersonal skills which can be demonstrated through the ability to effectively work, communicate and listen to other team members, organisational stakeholders and customers
- Able to make informed and accurate decisions based on information to deliver successful outcomes for both Block and Block’s customers
- Plan and understand workloads accordingly and is able to understand business and customer priorities. Knows when to request assistance and can manage both internal and external delivery expectations
- Deals with conflict management in a calm and measured approach. Takes constructive criticism and ensures it is taken on board and progressed to continue personal development
- Outstanding customer service professional with the ability to comprehend client challenges to deliver great outcomes
Qualifications & Experience
- Subject matter expert across Data Centre (DC) and End User Computing (EUC) domains, ideally evidenced by professional certifications (eg. VCP Data Center Virtualisation, Digital Workspace and/or Desktop and Mobility or Citrix equivalent)
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience and success in designing and/or operating EUC and DC environments architected using technology from Block’s strategic vendor portfolio: VMware, Dell EMC, Cisco, Microsoft, Ecosystem partners such as Imprivata, Lakeside Software, AppSense and ISOSEC
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable value-led conversations with customers at ‘decision-maker’ level
- ‘Architectural’ approach to solution design, with the ability to elevate client engagements up from a point solution to long term infrastructure vision and associate roadmaps
- Understanding of the support and managed service considerations associated with EUC and DC infrastructure.
- Strong process management capability with the ability to support opportunities alongside sales through every stage of the sales cycle
- Good commercial acumen / understanding
- Track record of delivering solutions imposed commercial targets
- Flexible approach, with a willingness to travel to customers as required and ‘go the extra mile’ to meet proposal, client and internal deadlines
- Ability to abide by organisational principles and values
Location: London or Cheshire
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week Mon-Fri
Salary: Negotiable from 55K DOE, plus extensive benefits package (Private Medical, Health Cash Plan, Retail discounts and more) and discretionary annual bonus scheme
Apply direct to email@example.com with a cover letter and your cv, or using the form below.
If you’ve something you’re particularly proud of that helps demonstrate your capability, please include it here – we’d love to take a look! Don’t forget to share all the reasons you feel you’d be a great fit for this role and Block, along with your CV.
Block is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with Block’s equal opportunities policy.