Block is an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to aspire and succeed. Combining deep vertical market expertise with proven technical capability, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes ensuring investment priorities are effectively aligned to strategic objectives. Our solutions and services help clients across enterprise, commercial and public sectors to increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology.
As an integral member of the wider team, the Solutions Consultant (SC) works with the sales representatives to identify and qualify client opportunities and evangelise on the value of Block’s core proposition set. After qualification, the SC invests time in understanding the client challenges, and architects a solution that addresses them. The SC supports the articulation of solutions and their benefits through high quality proposals, ITT responses and presentations. Once opportunities are won, the SC ensures a seamless handover to delivery.
- Assist the wider sales teams to appropriately qualify and prioritise client opportunities
- Once qualified, work with the relevant account manager/director to accurately gather the client requirements
- Utilise technical expertise to correctly design and own a solution which meets client needs based on products and services from Block portfolio
- Work with the account manager/director to articulate the Block solution and its benefits in the most appropriate format (eg. presentations or demonstrations)
- Provide technical input into the development of proposal content, RFIs, RFPs, ITTs and presentations
- Ensure solutions always deliver the desired value to both the client and Block
- Ensure won opportunities are handed over to delivery in a timely and professional manner, supported by an accurate Scope of Work, Professional Service breakdown and Bill of Materials
- Effective manage own time and workload to ensure client commitments/deadlines are met, and report workload progress to resource control on a regular basis
- Contribute to the development of compelling and differentiated Enterprise Networks propositions in line with the Block proposition development process
- Keep abreast of vertical industry and horizontal technology developments that may impact or create opportunities for Block and its clients
- Undertake regular knowledge sharing between sales and delivery teams
- Work with sales & marketing to plan and execute successful campaigns, including production of content for digital marketing (blog posts, whitepapers etc.) and attendance/presentation at Block face to face client events.
Skills & Attributes
- An excellent communicator, who has proven experience of engaging and influencing a broad range of stakeholders at all levels
- Numeracy and literary skills at a level required to produce excellent client proposals, Statement of Work and presentations
- Able to demonstrate proven leadership skills. Leading by example, motivating team members, taking responsibility for encountered issues etc
- Good interpersonal skills which can be demonstrated through the ability to effectively work, communicate and listen to other team members, organisational stakeholders and customers
- Able to make informed and accurate decisions based on information to deliver successful outcomes for both Block and Block’s customers
- Plan and understand workloads accordingly and is able to understand business and customer priorities. Knows when to request assistance and can manage both internal and external delivery expectations
- Deals with conflict management in a calm and measured approach. Takes constructive criticism and ensures it is taken on board and progressed to continue personal development
- Outstanding customer service professional with the ability to comprehend client challenges to deliver great outcomes
Qualifications & Experience
- Expert level of vendor certifications (or working towards) in one or more relevant discipline
- Other relevant professional training, for example Prince2 or ITIL, based on business priorities
- An exceptional understanding of one or more relevant technologies and architectures (EN, Collaboration, DC or EUC)
- Excellent understanding of the support & managed service considerations associated with the chosen domain of expertise
- Experience of public sector and health specific IT governance/accreditations e.g. IGSoC, N3, G-Enterprise Networks, Government Security Classifications
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to adapt to address executive, business and technical audiences.
- Excellent writing skills, to the level required to take produce and take ownership of proposal documentation.
- Flexible approach, with a willingness to travel to customers as required and ‘go the extra mile’ to meet proposal, client and internal deadlines
Location: London or Cheshire
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week Mon-Fri
Salary: Negotiable from 65K DOE, plus extensive benefits package (Private Medical, Health Cash Plan, Retail discounts and more) and discretionary annual bonus scheme
Apply direct to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your cv, or using the form below.
If you’ve something you’re particularly proud of that helps demonstrate your capability, please include it here – we’d love to take a look! Don’t forget to share all the reasons you feel you’d be a great fit for this role and Block, along with your CV.
Block is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with Block’s equal opportunities policy.