Block is an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to aspire and succeed. Combining deep vertical market expertise with proven technical capability, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes ensuring investment priorities are effectively aligned to strategic objectives. Our solutions and services help clients across enterprise, commercial and public sectors to increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology.
The Sales Operations Executive (SOE) plays a key internal role in assisting the external sales team through the delivery of an efficient, effective and highly-accurate administrative sales service. The SOE uses their exceptional attention to detail, numerate comprehension and methodical approach to prioritise a series of process-orientated tasks to deliver and enable a seamless experience.
- Accurately enters client and opportunity data into SAP.
- Regularly cleanses client and opportunity data to ensure information is current.
- Supports external sales team in gathering client intelligence for strategic account plans.
- Holds regular forecasting meetings with external sales representatives.
- Creates weekly Invoicing Report.
- Creates weekly Deal Status Report.
- Ensures Clean Order Process is adhered to within all opportunities.
- Creates Resource Requests for submission to the Resourcing department.
- Delivers and develops regular SAP Crystal report improvements.
- Supports the Sales Operations Manager in developing internal systems and processes.
- Supports external sales representatives in identifying, verifying and nurturing opportunities.
- Provides an efficient, proactive and responsible support service to colleagues.
- Accurate represent the Block brand in all outbound communications.
- Ensures adherence to the Block Sales Methodology.
- Creates and delivers accurate client quotes in a timely manner.
- Communicates with clients by email/telephone in a friendly, helpful and efficient manner.
- Provides relevant information and contributes to client documentation including Sales Proposals & Scopes of Work.
- Identifies opportunity for internal sales operations process improvement.
- Completes vendor deal registrations to ensure competitive pricing advantage on all opportunities, and supports the negotiation of competitive terms with key suppliers.
- Escalates any client queries, concerns or complaints efficiently to the right members of the team in order to reach rapid resolution.
Skills & Attributes
- Outstanding administrative capabilities, organised and structured in approach
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent planning and coordination skills
- Able to create, develop and maintain key internal relationships
- Effective in developing external relationships by telephone and/or email
- Methodical, logical and diligent in task completion
- Analytical and able to utilise data to support decision making
- Positive, proactive and flexible approach with willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver excellent service.
- Strong proof-reading skills with excellent knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Qualifications & Experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of working in an internal sales capacity, providing exceptional client service by email and/or telephone
- Experience of working with SAP is desirable, although not essential
- IT and Telecoms industry experience highly desirable
Location: London / Crewe
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week Mon-Fri
Salary: Negotiable from 20k DOE, plus extensive benefits package (Private Medical, Health Cash Plan, Retail discounts and more) and discretionary annual bonus scheme
Apply direct to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your cv, or using the form below.
If you’ve something you’re particularly proud of that helps demonstrate your capability, please include it here – we’d love to take a look! Don’t forget to share all the reasons you feel you’d be a great fit for this role and Block, along with your CV.
Block is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with Block’s equal opportunities policy.