Block is an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to aspire and succeed. Combining deep vertical market expertise with proven technical capability, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes ensuring investment priorities are effectively aligned to strategic objectives. Our solutions and services help clients across enterprise, commercial and public sectors to increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology.
The Consultant is the technical implementer within their respective technology practice responsible for delivering against design, implementation and test plans. Working closely with Principal Consultants and Architects; Consultants ensure adherence to the Block Delivery Model (BDM) maximising quality and efficiency. In parallel, Consultants also support Block’s Project Management team delivering against out methodology to ensure a successful implementation and seamless delivery experience. Consultants regularly draw upon their experiences to support the continuous improvement of solution design within practice.
- Consistently and diligently delivers tasks within the project lifecycle in adherence with the Block Delivery Model (BDM).
- Implements hardware and configuration against approved designs.
- Delivers Proof of Concept (PoC) activities demonstrating solution value to clients.
- Completes project documentation to a consistently high quality and in accordance with Block’s delivery model and documentation standards.
- Acts as a point of technical escalation for the Block Operations Centre.
- Carries out and reports back on client technology assessments.
- Works closely with Project Managers assisting with project planning and ongoing project management tasks including risk identification, tracking of actions, issues management and identifying dependencies.
- Seeks opportunities to improve processes and methods to ensure that Block is best positioned to deliver high value services to clients.
Skills & Attributes
- A diligent planner who delivers on commitments in a timely manner.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build good internal and external relationships.
- Works with efficiency whilst delivery a high-quality experience for clients.
- Supports the development of practice colleagues through coaching and knowledge-sharing.
- Effective and skilled verbal and written communicator.
- Seeks to develop and learn from all engagements.
- Efficient in approach, developing optimised and simple working methods and processes with a keen eye for detail.
- Continually improving, passionate about quality and delivering value.
Qualifications & Experience
- VMware VCP-DTM or DCV certifications
- Microsoft Technical Certifications
- Familiar with Windows Server infrastructure components
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure experience in VMware Horizon or Citrix XenDesktop
- Experience of working in healthcare and/or retail desirable.
- Solid understanding of and experience working with complex technical delivery solutions.
- Experience of articulating complex technical challenges to arrive at the right decision.
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week Mon-Fri
Salary: Negotiable from 40k DOE, plus extensive benefits package (Private Medical, Health Cash Plan, Retail discounts and more) and discretionary annual bonus scheme
Apply direct to email@example.com with a cover letter and your cv, or using the form below.
If you’ve something you’re particularly proud of that helps demonstrate your capability, please include it here – we’d love to take a look! Don’t forget to share all the reasons you feel you’d be a great fit for this role and Block, along with your CV.
Block is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with Block’s equal opportunities policy.