Block is an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to aspire and succeed. Combining deep vertical market expertise with proven technical capability, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes ensuring investment priorities are effectively aligned to strategic objectives. Our solutions and services help clients across enterprise, commercial and public sectors to increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology.
The Engineer works within the Enterprise Networking team to undertake assessment, implementation and services activities. This includes the ‘racking and stacking’ of equipment, pre and post wireless survey tasks, technology assessments, health checks and the rolling-out of end-user devices and/or endpoints.
- Installs physical hardware including rack, stack and cabling
- Carries out Dead on Arrival (DOA) device testing
- Undertakes client assessments and surveys, including wireless surveys, physical audits and data capture
- Assists project work and builds practice knowledge by shadowing practice consultants on technical engagements
- Contributes to practice documentation and procedures through the updating existing materials and creation of new ones
- Supports and contributes toward internal IT support activities
- Supports and contributes toward managed service client activities
- Consistently and diligently delivers tasks undertaken ensuring quality outputs and client experiences
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrable interest in and passion for technology.
- Able to show evidence of self-study and commitment to long-term learning.
- Able to pick up knowledge and concepts effectively through on the job training.
- Listens carefully to instruction and ensures guidance is followed.
- Continually improving, passionate about learning and improving.
- Good relationship building skills, able to communicate with clients and colleagues alike.
Qualifications & Experience
- Working toward CCNA.
- Desire to develop a career within technical delivery.
Location: London or Cheshire
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week Mon-Fri
Salary: Negotiable from 20K DOE, plus extensive benefits package (Private Medical, Health Cash Plan, Retail discounts and more) and discretionary annual bonus scheme
Apply direct to email@example.com with a cover letter and your cv, or using the form below.
If you’ve something you’re particularly proud of that helps demonstrate your capability, please include it here – we’d love to take a look! Don’t forget to share all the reasons you feel you’d be a great fit for this role and Block, along with your CV.
Block is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with Block’s equal opportunities policy.