Block Solutions has been re-certified in ISO9001, ISO20000-1 and ISO 27001 – certifications it has held since 2008 (ISO9001) and 2014 respectively.
ISO 9001 aims to provide a Quality Management System for improving and monitoring all areas of the organisation. The certification process requires organisations to provide evidence their Quality Management System is being applied and progress is being achieved. The effective Quality Management System ensures established management processes, improved efficiency and productivity and increased customer satisfaction.
The benefits of ISO9001 certification includes:
- Efficient, streamlined procedures leading to increased productivity
- Better quality products and service
- Improved internal management procedures
- Consistent outcomes, measured and monitored
- Globally recognised standard
- Competitive advantage
ISO 20000-1 provides an Integrated Services Management System (ITSM). This international standard is already widely recognised by the IT industry as evidence of excellence in all areas of IT service provision. The ISO 20000-1 certification aims to give Block a competitive advantage by ensuring its ITSM services are robust, efficient and responsive. ISO 20000-1 enforces a culture of continual improvement as service management process and services are monitored, measured and reviewed.
The benefits of certification to ISO 20000-1 include:
- Reduction in incidents
- Improved incident management
- Reduced response times and interruption to IT service
- Legislative awareness and compliance
- Protection for the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Consistency in service delivery
ISO 27001 aims to provide an Information Security Management System (ISMS) which will help to eliminate or minimise the risk of a security breach that could have legal or business continuity implications. The ISMS provides a framework of policies and procedures to keep information secure. By establishing and maintaining a documented system of controls and management, risks can be identified and reduced.
There are many benefits to ISO 27001 certification including:
- Increased reliability and security of systems and information
- Improved confidence of stakeholders that information is secure
- Achieve operational excellence through improved management processes
- Integrated corporate risk strategies
- Minimised risk of potential data security breaches
- Protects reputation
- Reduces legal or business continuity impacts of errors
- Employees engaged in continual improvement of ISMS
Achieving ISO 9001, ISO 20000-1 and ISO27001 shows the commitment of Block in providing continually improving systems to deliver the highest quality services. The rigorous audit evidenced Block’s comprehensive frameworks for Service Management and Information Security are ingrained throughout the company’s systems. This provides confidence for the customer that information and systems held by Block are secure and services received from Block will be of the highest standard.
Penny Bell, 2020
Block, founded in 2006 is an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to aspire and succeed. Combining deep vertical market expertise with proven technical capability, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes.